If you want to send your customers order confirmation or pre-shipping information but don’t want to clutter your default Shopify order confirmation notification email, you can schedule an automated email to send after a customer places an order.
The Use Case
In this example, a store wants to create a new email that sends to customers 24 hours after an order is placed.
Despite familiarity with Shopify’s notification emails, the store wants to send a new email in addition to the default notifications.
You can see the original post here.
Klaviyo Flows offer an easy way to send an email to customers 24 hours after an order is placed.
Here’s how to create the above flow in 8 steps:
1. Open Klaviyo and click “Create Flow”
2. Come up with a name for your flow (I’m a fan of literal descriptions)
3. Choose the “Metric” trigger
4. Choose “Placed Order” as the action for the trigger
5. Add a time delay of 24 hours
6. Add the “Email” action after the time delay. In words, this action tells Klaviyo, “when someone places an order, wait 1 day (24 hours) and send an email.”
7. Click on the email box and configure the content/the message you would like to send to your customer.
8. Click “Update Action Statuses” to set this flow live, and you’re done!
Although Shopify does not offer out-of-the-box functionality to send automated emails 24 hours after orders are placed, there are many apps that help you do so.
If you look at the comments to the original Reddit post, you can create this type of email automation with Mailchimp, Drip, Omnisend and many others.
What’s your favourite app for sending automated emails?